- Using a credit card to pay for impulse purchases.
- Taking on debt without a realistic plan to pay it back.
- Losing track of how much you owe.
- Paying only the minimums on your current debt.
- Nearing the limits on credit cards or any other source of debt.
- Co-signing — on anything — for someone else.
- Going to a payday lender. Don’t even think about it.
When It Comes to Savings, Set It and Forget It
If you don’t have to think about savings and you never see the money, you’re more likely to leave it alone. Even small amounts each